Before I go on to explain what the Ultimate Disney Film Ranking System is, I want to point out that we actually started this a couple of years ago when Lincoln & I were living in California. So, the first lot of reviews & Disney-related content is rehashed. I have zero shame about this, it was a fun project and we want to keep going with it – however, the old location of those posts is in a dire state and thus, we’re including it over here on Ferret Fitness!
For us, part of maintaining good mental health is allowing ourselves proper time to wind down and relax and one of our favourite things to do is to watch movies or television shows. While it’s not necessarily good for our physical health to be slouched on the sofa – we are still going to the gym and our day jobs and completing (most of) our house related tasks!
So, without further ado – here is the intro to the Ultimate Disney Film Ranking System!
After our recent trip to Disneyland – Lincoln and I have decided that we’re going to watch all the Disney films. We realized that each of us haven’t seen quite a number of them and this needs to be rectified pronto! So we’ve made a list of the films that we’re going to be watching. As we watch them we will write reviews based on different aspects of the movie for the ultimate ranking.
Here is how the films will be assessed;
- Picture Quality (including the remastered versions of the films).
- Durability – whether it is still as good and relevant as it was when it came out or has it aged poorly.
- Songs – the quality, how catchy they are & would they be good outside of the film. For non-musical live action films, this will be changed to Acting.
- Modern Values – is it against what we value in modern society, is it politically correct and does it have good lessons.
- Would We Show it to the Kids? – Is it appropriate for children under 12 and would it interest them.
- Flow/Length – Does it drag on, flow well, good length for the story etc.
- Emotional Attachment -Did we cry/laugh/feel the same feelings as the characters?
- Logic/Plot Holes – Were we asking questions, does the character development make sense, is it logical?
- General Enjoyment
- Would We Watch it Again
Each point will be marked out of ten for a ranking out of 100.
I’ll post soon with the list of films we’re watching and why they’ve been selected, and then, we will post a review of a film weekly!
What is your favourite Disney film? If it’s an older film, how has it held up to todays morals? Let me know below!